Introduction to Counseling for College Admission
EDUC X 414.83
This course explores the college admission process from both the student and counselor perspectives, with emphasis on student research, application, selection, and counselor information dissemination and responsibility.
What you can learn.
- Understand issues in today’s college counseling landscape
- Demonstrate an awareness of the college counselor’s roles and responsibilities
- Explain the systems of higher education of different colleges and universities
- Learn how to assist students and families in developing a college list and help students transition to college
- Examine and navigate the resources, programs, and tools available in the transition to college process
- Acquire skills to advise students in the completion of college applications to various colleges and universities