Strategies for Inclusion of Diverse Learners for CTE
Explores the knowledge and skills required for educators to teach English language learners and students with diverse learning needs.
What you can learn.
- Understand the CTE teacher’s role in state and federal laws pertaining to the education of students with special needs
- Discuss key components of Individualized Education Programs (IEP)/Individual Transition Plans (ITP)
- Study the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and is implications for English learners and disability accommodations
- Analyze CTE instructional strategies, activities, and materials that support student success and promote engagement
- Build awareness of the diverse cultural heritage and community values of English learners and their families