Electrical Design and Construction
This course covers the fundamentals of electrical design and its integration with the construction of commercial buildings in compliance with the California Electrical Code (CEC) and other regulations.
What you can learn.
- Gain core knowledge on the essentials of electrical systems for commercial construction
- Describe electrical work installation procedures
- Identify options for recommended electrical equipment for projects of different sizes, budgets, and sites
- Gain training on the mandate of regulatory requirements such as California Electrical Code (CEC) and learn to apply them to the electrical design for building and safety code compliance
- Describe the integration of electrical systems with the project site development and related construction trades during construction stages
About this course:As a specialty trade in the construction industry, electrical systems can be complex and confusing to the non-expert. Students learn the the essentials of electrical systems for commercial construction with an overview of fundamentals, construction procedures, electrical equipment, electrical design, and regulatory requirements. Instruction emphasizes the integration of electrical systems with project site development and related construction trades. This course covers the current requirements of the California Electrical Code and other building and construction regulations, as well as applicability to green building design and sustainability development. Topics also include electrical plan reading, single-line diagram design, panel schedule design, and load calculations.
Spring 2021 Schedule
These courses have regular meeting times and are fully online, via remote instruction. Click “See Details” below for more information.
Enrollment limited; early enrollment advised.