CMOS Digital-to-Analog and Analog-to-Digital Converter Design
EC ENGR X 457.58
The course provides the fundamentals of data conversion systems, and practical application of design and analysis of basic building blocks of data converters.
What you can learn.
- Develop an understanding of the fundamentals of data conversion systems
- Analyse and design the basic building blocks of data converters including CMOS sampling circuits, operational amplifiers, comparators, and sample-and-hold architectures
- Describe the basic principles of architectures of digital-to-analog converters, focusing on advantages, disadvantages, and performance tradeoffs of various topologies
- Identify basic types of analog-to-digital converters focusing on design issues, sources of errors, and performance improvement techniques including offset cancellation, digital correction, and calibration
- Acquire practical experience from a hands-on project to design, and characterize a simulated CMOS data converter circuit