Drop or Transfer a Course
You may request to drop a course or transfer from one course to another in the same quarter up until the end of day (11:59pm PT) on the final refund or transfer date (see note above for where to find this date). Tuition fees cannot be credited to another quarter. There is no administrative fee charged for transferring courses.
How to Drop or Transfer a Course:
- Log in to the UCLA Extension Student Portal
- In the menu select My Enrollment History
- Find your course and select “request drop” or “request transfer”
- Follow the prompts to complete your request
Please note that certain transfers cannot be processed through the student portal. For the scenarios below, please email your transfer request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If a payment for your enrollment was submitted by a 3rd party
- If you used any discounts
- If you are trying to transfer out of a cancelled course
- If you are trying to transfer into a waitlisted course after receiving an invitation to enroll
For drop requests: If payment for your enrollment was submitted by a 3rd party, please email your drop request to email@example.com.
Refunds will be processed automatically—please allow 3-6 business days for credit card refunds and 10 business days for refunds by check. There are no cash refunds.
- A $30 administrative fee will be withheld from each dropped course for which a refund is due ($50 for concurrent enrollments). This does not apply to courses that are cancelled by UCLA Extension or transfer requests that are received on or before the final transfer date.
- Additional fees may be withheld as indicated in course listings. These fees are typically listed in the Details and Notes of each course section, if applicable, and are generally earlier and the amounts withheld are higher.
- Certificate candidacy and miscellaneous application fees are nonrefundable.