Drop or Transfer a Course
You may request to drop or transfer from a course up until the end of day (11:59pm PT) on the final refund or transfer date.
How to Drop or Transfer a Course:
- Log in to the UCLA Extension Student Portal
- In the menu select My Enrollment History
- Find your course and select “request drop” or “request transfer”
- Follow the prompts to complete your request
You may also contact Enrollment Services to drop or transfer from a course: email@example.com or 1-800-825-9971. Please note: Due to COVID-19, refund requests will not be accepted via U.S. or international mail until further notice.
If your drop or transfer request is approved and a refund is owed, you will be notified by our staff. Refunds will be processed automatically—please allow 3-6 business days for credit card refunds and 10 business days for refunds by check. There are no cash refunds.
- A $30 administrative fee will be withheld from each dropped course for which a refund is due ($50 for concurrent enrollments). This does not apply to courses that are cancelled by UCLA Extension or transfer requests that are received on or before the final transfer date.
- Additional fees may be withheld as indicated in course listings. These fees are typically listed in the Details and Notes of each course section, if applicable, and are generally earlier and the amounts withheld are higher.
- Certificate candidacy and miscellaneous application fees are nonrefundable.