Due to the evolving situation with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), walk-in services are not currently available at the Financial Aid Office. All supporting information and documents should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Financial Aid Office may be reached remotely, Monday–Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, via phone and email only.
Types of Federal Financial Aid
Federal Direct Loans
Federal Directs Loans, subsidized and unsubsidized, must be repaid with interest.
The Subsidized Federal Direct Loan is based on financial need determined by a federal formula. A loan is subsidized when the interest is paid by the government until six months after you leave school or drop below half-time status.
The Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loan is not based on financial need and is available to you regardless of income. Interest accrues from the date of the loan disbursement. In order to be considered for the Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loan, you must apply for the Subsidized Federal Direct Loan.
Approved UCLA Extension programs
Undergraduate Certificates: Direct Loan, both subsidized and unsubsidized
- Pre-Medical and General Science Studies
Graduate Certificates: Direct Loan, unsubsidized only
- Landscape Architecture
- Paralegal Training Program
- UCLA Post-Baccalaureate Program in Classics
You may be eligible if you:
- Have earned a high school diploma or GED*
- Are a U.S. or eligible non-citizen (must be documented)
- Are enrolled in one of the approved UCLA Extension programs listed above
- Have not defaulted on any educational loan or do not owe a refund on any state or federal student aid grant
- Have registered with the Selective Service, if required
- Are enrolled in at least six units of an undergraduate or four units of a graduate program per quarter to maintain at least a half-time student status each quarter, as follows:
|Enrollment Status||Undergraduate Units Needed||Graduate Units Needed|
How to Apply
Please download the Federal Financial Aid Guide & Application Packet below.
If enrolling in the Paralegal Training Program, download additional information (pdf).