Mathematical Solutions for Businesses
This course provides a fundamental background of quantitative techniques applicable for administrators in the public and private economic sectors, as well as a solid review of pre-MBA mathematics.
What you can learn.
- Study linear functions as they apply to business applications and solve systems of linear equations
- Use mathematical facts and formulas to analyze, interpret, and solve applications in business
- Strengthen skills in algebra and calculus
- Analyze and solve business application problems
- Apply functions including to solve real-world problems
- Find and interpret marginal revenue, cost and profit for linear functions
About this course:This course provides a fundamental background for administrators in the public and private economic sectors, as well as a solid review of pre-MBA mathematics. Topics include linear and matrix algebra (with special emphasis on demand/supply and cost/revenue analysis) and differential calculus. Students are encouraged to bring in examples of mathematical applications based on their professional experiences. Transferable for UC credit.
Spring 2020 Schedule
These courses are fully online, and there are no in-person classroom meetings.
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
No meeting May 25. Materials required.