Pharmacology for Medical Assistants I
MED X 411.2
This course offers a basic introduction to pharmacology including the classifications, precautions, contraindications, side effects, and administering of commonly prescribed pharmaceuticals.
What you can learn.
- Identify 50 most commonly used medications
- Describe classes of drugs, drug actions/desired effects, adverse reactions
- Perform dosage conversions and calculations
- Identify abbreviations and symbols used in calculating medication dosages
- Prepare and administer oral and parenteral medications
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal test results