Introduction to Irrigation Practices
Students are introduced to various irrigation components, hydraulic concepts, irrigation design techniques and scheduling approaches.
What you can learn.
- Understand basic hydraulic concepts
- Analyze common water conservation statutes
- Become familiar with commonly used irrigation equipment
- Study and integrate irrigation design principles
- Learn site assessment skills associated with irrigation design
About this course:As irrigation technology becomes more advanced, and water becomes scarcer, appropriate water application for plants is critical. Students learn how to design and prepare a residential irrigation plan. Instruction covers foundation in hydraulic design; efficient drip line layout; appropriate use of backflow prevention devices; water conservation methods and applications; and available new technologies, such as weather station ET based controllers and the application of design principles to comply with the State of California AB-1881 Water Model Efficient Landscape Ordinance.
Spring 2020 Schedule
These courses meet regularly and are fully online. Click “See Details” below for more information.
Course meets Wednesdays 7 -10pm. No class meeting on April 8, 2020.
Internet Access Required.