Plant Propagation for Gardeners
BIOLGY X 497.35
This course covers the fundamental tools and processes used in plant propagation. Students will learn a variety of techniques to propagate plants.
What you will learn.
- Complete a graft of at least one plant
- Start several plants from cuttings
- Sow seeds of several different plants and seed sizes
- Explain pollination control to produce pure seed
- Use different tools involved with the propagation we cover in class and how to care for them
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper safety measures to be safe in all propagation operations
About this course:This course emphasizes both the science and art of plant propagation. Learn the science behind plant propagation and then apply that knowledge by propagating a wide variety of plants. Hands-on exercises cover a multitude of propagation methodologies and demonstrate different tools and techniques. Participants practice these techniques in an outdoor classroom environment to assimilate the art of propagation. Held at The Mildred E Mathias Botanical Garden on UCLA Campus.
Speak to a program representative. Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm.
This course applies towards the following certificates & specializations…
Learn how we can help your organization meet its professional development goals and corporate training needs.
Donate to UCLA Extension
Support our many efforts to reach communities in need.