Plant Propagation for Gardeners
BIOLGY X 497.35
This course covers the tools and processes used for plant propagation. Students will learn a variety of techniques used to propagate plants.
What you will learn.
- Complete a graft of at least one apple tree
- Start several plants from cuttings
- Sow seeds of several different sizes
- Explain pollination control to produce pure seed
- Use all the different tools involved with the operations we cover in class and how to care for them
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper safety measures to be safe in all propagation operations
About this course:
This course emphasizes both the science and art of plant propagation. Learn the science behind plant propagation and then apply that knowledge by propagating a wide variety of plants. Hands-on exercises cover a multitude of propagation methodologies and demonstrate different tools and techniques. Participants practice these techniques in class to assimilate the art of propagation. Held at The Learning Garden at Venice High School, one of the country's largest and most successful school gardens.