Gain an introduction to the essential basic commands of AutoCAD and their applications.
What you can learn.
- Create, display, and plot working drawings
- Prepare drawings to known scale for plotting
- Operate and adjust input and output devices
- Construct technical drawings using a standard computer aided drafting program
- Demonstrate file management techniques
- Prepare digital drawings of a hardscape plan, tree planting plan, planting plan, sections, and elevations
About this course:This course introduces students to the fundamentals of AutoCAD, as well as how to apply and manage the tool. Students who successfully complete the course acquire a good foundation upon which they may further develop the tool. While instruction is directed toward landscape architecture, those in related disciplines also should find the course valuable.
Summer 2020 Schedule
These courses have regular meeting times and are fully online, via remote instruction. Click “See Details” below for more information.
Landscape Architecture certificate students must take this course for unit credit; other students may choose either unit credit or 3.3 continuing education units.
Students must have access to most recent version of AutoCAD software; student versions of the software may be downloaded for free upon proof of student status. UCLA Extension computer labs are not available after class. This course does not support AutoCAD on Mac computers.
Visitors not permitted. Materials required. Internet access required.