This program is perfect for...
- Starting on the path to becoming a licensed landscape architect
- Individuals who are passionate about designing for the natural environment
- Those who dream of creating parks, trails, theme parks, and urban landscapes
- Individuals looking for a career working communities through engagement and facilitation
What you can learn.
- Master the fundamentals and principles of design through modeling and drawing
- Design processes and drawing techniques to create landscapes
- How to artfully combine science and natural processes into your landscape designs
- How to analyze problems in terms of design and physical form
- Various dimensions of professional practice, including management and professional ethics
- The history and practice of garden and landscape design
Over 40 years of excellence.
Established in 1977, UCLA Extension’s Landscape Architecture Certificate program is designed for working professionals who already have at least a bachelor’s degree. It is a rigorous, 3-year program that prepares students to enter the field of landscape architecture upon completion of the curriculum.
The Landscape Architecture Certificate program is designed to give students a strong foundation in the design, technical, and theoretical aspects of the discipline. The curriculum is structured as a sequence of design, technical, and breadth courses. The goal of the program is to integrate these three areas into a single body of knowledge so that each segment is understood in the context of its relevance to the others.
Benefits of the program include:
- Program sequence can be completed in just three years
- Night and weekend courses cater to working adults
- Instructors are practicing professionals
- Projects based on real-world sites, solutions, and clients
- Federal financial aid available*
- International students are eligible for a visa (F-1) through the program
- Courses are offered in Westwood and downtown Los Angeles
UCLA Extension's Landscape Architecture program is an approved university extension certificate program by the California Architects Board Landscape Architects Technical Committee, meeting the educational requirements required by the State of California to sit for the state licensing exam.**
What our certificates have done for our students.
feel a certificate helped them enhance their careers
1 in 4
received a salary increase after starting a certificate program
switched careers after completing a certificate program
recommend a certificate program to others
Click below to view the required and elective courses, if applicable, for this program.
Estimated Cost Breakdown
All courses in this program are paid for individually, unless otherwise noted. An application form is required to establish candidacy in this program. From the 'Apply Now' button, complete the online application and pay the application fee if applicable.
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
*The Application & Candidacy Fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits.
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.
University of California, Los Angeles Graduate Certificate in Landscape Architecture
- This program is designed to be completed in three years.
- This program will cost $32,100.00 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
- Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with N/A* of debt.
- Program meets licensure requirements in the following States: California
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/.