UCLA Extension Landscape Architecture Program is an approved extension certificate program meeting partial or all of the education requirements required by the State of California to sit for the state licensing exam. Requirements for an Approved Extension Certificate program CCR 2620.5; Education and Training Requirements.
This program is perfect for...
- Starting on the path to becoming a licensed landscape architect
- Designing the natural environment
- Creating parks, trails, theme parks, and urban landscapes
- Working with communities through engagement and facilitation
- The history and practice of garden and landscape design
What you can learn.
- Master the fundamentals and principles of design through modeling and drawing
- Explore design processes and drawing techniques to create landscapes
- Learn to artfully combine science and natural processes into your landscape designs
- How to analyze problems in terms of design and physical form
- Explore dimensions of professional practice including management and professional ethics
Estimated Cost Breakdown
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
Estimated Total Cost
*The Application & Candidacy fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits. See our website or speak to a program representative for more information about candidacy and program benefits.
Visa Requirement Applicable
VA Benefit Eligible
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.