Human Factors in Landscape Architecture
Learn the basic principles guiding the successful design of space. Human factors, engineering, natural processes, human capabilities, and limitations are woven into the design of environments.
What you can learn.
- Understand human motivation and behavior patterns
- Evaluate the aesthetic, social, and ecological successes of existing landscapes to inform future design decisions
- Observe social factors as an element affecting design and as essential to effective design
- Utilize community facilitation as part of the design process, the design program, and final design concept
- Develop the ability to embody an idea within the landscape that is sensitive to culture, demography, and geography