Advanced Statistics and Quantitative Methods
STATS X 402.1
This advanced statistics course emphasizes practical application of statistical analysis. The course covers the role of statistics in the fields of science, economics, nursing, business, and medical research.
What you will learn.
- Understand various concepts of statistics and quantitative methods
- Recognize business, medical, and scientific applications of statistical data
- Utilize hypothesis testing for small and large samples
- Understand chi-squared, statistical quality control, regression, and correlation
- Understand analysis of variance (ANOVA)
- Understand statistics-based decision making under uncertainty
About this course:This advanced course in inferential statistics emphasizes the practical application of statistical analysis. Instruction includes an examination of the role of statistics in research; understanding statistical terminology; use of appropriate statistical techniques; and interpretation of findings in the fields of economics, business, nursing, and medical research. Topics include graphing and tabulation of data, hypothesis testing for small and large samples, chi-squared, statistical quality control, analysis of variance (ANOVA), regression, correlation, and decision making under uncertainty.
STATS X 402.