Differential and Integral Calculus
MATH XL 31A
This course is the first of the Calculus series and covers differential calculus and applications and the introduction to integration. The course prepares students for Math XL 31B as well as Chemistry and Physics.
What you can learn.
- Establish a solid introduction to differential and integral calculus in one variable
- Acquire mathematical tools to apply to subsequent courses in math, sciences, or economics
- Find and use derivatives
- Solve applied and optimization problems
- Find anti-derivatives of various algebraic and trigonometric functions
- Use fundamental theorems of calculus
- Use integrals to solve various applied problems
About this course:This course covers differential calculus, its applications, and the introduction to integration. Transferable for UC credit.
MATH XL 1 Precalculus with a grade of C- or better, or three-and-a-half years of high school mathematics, including some coordinate geometry and trigonometry.