Introduction to Statistics and Quantitative Methods
This introductory statistics course emphasizes practical application of statistical analysis. The introduction covers the role of statistics in the fields of science, economics, nursing, business, and medical research.
What you will learn.
- Understand statistical terminology
- Appropriately use statistical techniques
- Understand various concepts of statistics and quantitative methods
- Utilize mathematical analysis
- Recognize business, medical, and scientific applications of statistical data
- Prepare for advanced quantitative courses such as Quantitative Analysis & Forecasting
About this course:This introductory statistics course emphasizes practical application of the statistical analysis. The introduction covers the role of statistics in research, understanding statistical terminology, the use of appropriate statistical techniques; and interpreting findings in the fields of science, economics, nursing, business, and medical research. Topics include graphing and tabulation of data, central tendency measures, dispersion, probability theory, probability distribution, sampling techniques, confidence interval, and hypothesis testing.
Winter 2020 Schedule
These courses are fully online, and there are no in-person classroom meetings.
It is recommended that students have the latest antivirus, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
Coursework must be submitted as Microsoft Word or Excel attachments.
Enrollment limited; early enrollment advised. Enrollment deadline: January 10, 2020. Internet access required. Materials required.