MATH XL 1
This foundational course covers topics in Precalculus and is designed to prepare students for college-level Calculus (Math XL 31A).
What you can learn.
- Understand trigonomic functions
- Evaluate difference quotients using function notation
- Determine the domain and range of even, odd, and neither even nor odd functions
- Determine the intervals of increase and decrease of a function
- Use the unit circle to compute the sum of a geometric series or a telescoping series
- Establish a mathematical foundation in preparation for Calculus
About this course:This course covers function concept; linear and polynomial functions and their graphs; applications to optimization; inverse, exponential, and logarithmic functions; and trigonometric functions. Transferable for UC credit.
MATH 903 Intermediate Algebra for college students with a grade of C or better, or two-and-a-half years of high school mathematics.