Students who are not qualified to take this course should enroll in 903 Intermediate Algebra for College Students.
Enrollment/class participation contingent on completing the math placement exam.
This course does not accept Minor Enrollments.
Visitors not permitted. Enrollment deadline: January 19, 2024. Internet access required. Materials required.
Students enrolling in this course need to complete the math placement exam before the first class. Please sign up for the math placement exam http://www.aleks.com/sign_up/class?class_code=DGXAY-LLNLE Each student will be charged a $20 fee (non-refundable) which covers 12 months of access to the Prep and Learning Module, which is a resource for refreshing your math skills.
Exam Length: 30 Questions
Time: You should plan to complete the placement exam within an uninterrupted 2 hour sitting
- If you score 80% or higher, we recommend that you enroll in Calculus MATH XL 31A
- If you score between 60% - 79%, we recommend that you enroll in Pre-Calculus MATH XL 1
- If you score less than 60%, we recommend that you enroll in an algebra course
After taking the placement exam, you are given the opportunity to review certain topics through targeted learning exercises in the Prep and Learning Module.
Retake the exam, if necessary
- After engaging with the Prep and Learning Module for at least 3 hours, you can take the placement exam again
- The retake exam will become available 24 hours after the initial exam was completed.
- You will have access to the Prep and Learning Module for 12 months after taking the initial exam.