Advanced Mendelian genetics, recombination, biochemical genetics, mutation, DNA, genetic code, gene regulation, genes in populations.
What you can learn.
- Demonstrate the basic skills needed to solve genetic problems
- Discuss the specialized vocabulary used in the field of genetics
- Outline fundamental theories and concepts as they relate to classical and modern genetics
- Apply a conceptual framework to assist with critical thinking about real-life problems as they relate to genetics
- Discuss, integrate, and assemble concepts related to genetic mapping
- Describe how genetics are used in modern technology and in disease management and treatment
About this course:Not open for credit to students with credit for Life Sciences 4. Advanced Mendelian genetics, recombination, biochemical genetics, mutation, DNA, genetic code, gene regulation, and genes in populations. Transferable for UC credit.
Summer 2020 Schedule
These courses meet regularly and are fully online. Click “See Details” below for more information.
Letter grading. Lecture only.
Visitors not permitted. Enrollment deadline: June 26, 2020. Internet access required.