Introduction to Pediatrics and Child Health
HLT POL X 456
This course highlights key principles of pediatric medicine and its subspecialties, including relevant public health issues in maternal and child health. This is a great course for pre-health students.
What you can learn.
- Understand key principles in the science and practice of pediatrics
- Appreciate the different subspecialties of pediatrics
- Recognize similarities and differences between adult and pediatric medicine
- Identify relevant public health initiatives in maternal and child health
- Communicate knowledgeably about core issues in pediatrics and child health
- Utilize proper medical and public health terminology when interacting with other health professionals
About this course:Appropriate for pre-health professions students (medicine, public health, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, podiatry, etc.) or anyone with interest in the field, this course highlights key principles of pediatric medicine and its subspecialties, including relevant public health issues in maternal and child health. Reading assignments, review notes, and multimedia Internet resources present core pediatrics concepts in a simple and engaging manner. Weekly discussions center on related public health issues (maternal and child health). Multiple choice review questions (open book) assess your understanding of course materials.
HLT POL X 452.2 Introduction to Clinical Medicine or previous anatomy/physiology course.
Speak to a program representative. Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
This course applies towards the following certificates & specializations…
Learn how we can help your organization meet its professional development goals and corporate training needs.
Donate to UCLA Extension
Support our many efforts to reach communities in need.