NURSING X 400
This course covers principles of medical terminologies through word roots, abbreviations, and related anatomy and body systems. Students develop medical vocabulary applicable to all specialties of medicine.
What you can learn.
- Define the word roots and combining forms used to describe the organs and structures
- Define suffixes and prefixes in medical words
- Build and analyze medical words
- Interpret the meaning of new medical words by defining the elements
- Master pronunciation and spelling of medical terms from class lectures, handouts, and assignments
- Identify body systems and terms that describe procedures and diseases