This course covers principles of medical terminologies through word roots, abbreviations, and related anatomy and body systems. Students develop medical vocabulary applicable to all specialties of medicine.
What you can learn.
- Define the word roots and combining forms used to describe the organs and structures
- Define suffixes and prefixes in medical words
- Build and analyze medical words
- Interpret the meaning of new medical words by defining the elements
- Master pronunciation and spelling of medical terms from class lectures, handouts, and assignments
- Identify body systems and terms that describe procedures and diseases
About this course:This course highlights key principles of medical terminologies through word roots, medical abbreviations, and related body systems. Students develop medical vocabulary applicable to all specialties of medicine and a basic understanding of anatomy and major body systems. The use of medical dictionaries, Internet sites, and other modern technologies are introduced for support.
Winter 2021 Schedule
These courses are fully online and have no regular meeting times.
Enrollment limited; early enrollment advised. Enrollment deadline: January 8, 2021. Internet access required. Materials required.