An internship in digital technology can provide you with practical experience in a variety of job functions in programming and tech, including cybersecurity. To apply, students must be enrolled in a UCLA Extension digital technology certificate or specialization program and have completed a minimum of 12 units, with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Permission in advance from the certificate advisor is required.
This program is perfect for...
- IT professionals looking to advance into the cybersecurity area
- Managers who oversee a security team, and want a higher level understanding of cybersecurity
- Those in the technology field who want to learn about securing networks, infrastructure, and how to defend against cyber attacks
- Entrepreneurs who want to mitigate their cybersecurity risk by avoiding common pitfalls in security
What you can learn.
- Learn about securing applications, cryptography, common attack vectors, cyber attacks, and exploits
- Hands-on experience with OSI stack security, hacking methodology and mitigation, penetration testing, and defensive strategies
- Create security policies, risk assessments, disaster recovery plans and post attack protocols, and procedures
- Learn concepts needed for the CISSP, CCNA, CompTIA, and other certifications
About this certificate
Cybersecurity is an essential component of every organization. The risks involved in a cyber attack include loss of data, intellectual property, brand equity, and possible legal ramifications. Understanding how cyber attacks happen is your best defense against them. Whether you're an entrepreneur who wants to protect your business against cyber intrusions, or you manage people responsible for cybersecurity, our Cybersecurity Certificate will quickly give you the knowledge you need. Our courses are taught by industry experts who are up-to-date on the latest trends in cybersecurity.
Courses in this certificate program are offered both online and in the classroom. The program can be completed 100% online.
What our certificates have done for our students.
feel a certificate helped them enhance their careers
1 in 4
received a salary increase after starting a certificate program
switched careers after completing a certificate program
recommend a certificate program to others
Click below to view the required and elective courses, if applicable, for this program.
Estimated Cost Breakdown
All courses in this program are paid for individually, unless otherwise noted. An application form is required to establish candidacy in this program. From the 'Apply Now' button, complete the online application and pay the application fee if applicable.
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
*The Application & Candidacy Fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits.
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.
The Certificate in Cybersecurity is approved for international students (F-1 student visa).
International applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency by submitting test scores from either TOEFL, IELTS or iTEP. Some applicants may be exempt from this requirement if certain criteria are met.
English language proficiency (minimum*):
- TOEFL iBT: 83
- IELTS Academic: 6.5 overall
- iTEP Academic-Plus: 4.5