Financial Aid

UCLA Extension offers programs that qualify for federal financial aid loans and grants, private alternative educational loans, scholarships, institutional grants and scholarships, veterans' benefits, and private scholarships.

New students: Be sure to sign up for our email . You will receive notification when new quarter courses are available (about 7.5 weeks prior to quarter start date). You can then select your courses and initiate your financial aid process immediately. This is the best way to ensure that your funds arrive before the quarter begins.

Any outstanding UCLA Extension obligations you may have incurred will prevent you from enrolling in UCLA Extension courses. In addition, if you previously enrolled at UCLA and have academic, financial aid holds or financial holds on your student BAR account, you will not be eligible to receive financial aid through UCLA Extension. This includes Private Alternative Loans that require school certification.

We also suggest that you acquaint yourself with Tax Advantages.

The University of California Code of Conduct in Regard to Preferred Lender Arrangements

Enrolling in classes
UCLA Extension does not defer fees. Students must pay enrollment fees at the time of registration. Students are responsible for adhering to Registration/enrollment, drop and refund policies as published in
Student Services.

Return to Title IV Funds:
Federal student aid is awarded to a student with the understanding that the student will enroll in a certificate program that qualifies for federal financial aid for the entire quarter for which they received aid. When a student completely withdraws and/or drops below half-time enrollment, the student may no longer be eligible for the full amount of federal aid that the student was originally scheduled to receive.

Based on the date of your withdrawal, the UCLA Campus Financial Aid Office will calculate how much of your financial aid you “earned” from the beginning of the quarter until the date you dropped classes; including administrative cancellations, if applicable. If you received more financial aid funds than what you were entitled to, you will be required to repay federal financial aid funds received for the quarter of withdraw to UCLA. Withdrawing may affect your eligibility to receive financial aid in subsequent quarters/terms.

Social Security Number
Your Social Security number is required by federal law to enable filing of information returns to the Internal Revenue Service. If you do not choose to provide us with your social security number, you will be permitted to enroll; however, UCLA Extension will not be able to provide the Internal Revenue Service with evidence of fee payment that might entitle you to tax credits available under the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997.

UCLA Extension also routinely reports its student census to the National Student Clearinghouse. Those seeking deferments for repayment of student loans may wish to provide their social security number to expedite the deferment process.

National Student Clearinghouse Student Record Requirements
In compliance with the Department of Education regulatory requirements governing student records, post-secondary institutions are required to confirm and report the enrollment status on students to the National Student Clearinghouse. The Department of Education uses the National Student Clearinghouse to track and monitor federal student loan borrowers.

If you received Title IV federal financial aid while attending an accredited college or university, your enrollment status is reported to the National Student Clearinghouse. A student's enrollment status determines deferment privileges and grace period on current, and/or, previous Title IV (federal financial aid) student loans, and the lender (e.g., financial institution, loan servicing agency) of your current, and/or prior student loan(s), if applicable, will automatically activate the in-school deferment option. It is your responsibility to notify the lender to decline the options offered (e.g., in-school deferment), if applicable.

UCLA Extension assumes no responsibility for the lender deferring your educational loan(s) upon notification of your current enrollment status.

Financial Aid Office / Veterans Affairs Office
10995 Le Conte Ave, Room 320
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Tel: (310) 825-4246
Fax: (310) 825-5686
M-F 9am-5pm

Explore. Experience. Expand.