Introduction to Statistical Methods for Life and Health Sciences
STATS XL 13
This introductory course for pre-health and pre-medical students covers the presentation and interpretation of data, descriptive statistics, and introduction to correlation, regression, and basic statistical inference.
What you can learn.
- Gain an appreciation for the study of statistics and understand the role it plays in life and health sciences
- Explore statistical methods used in data analysis
- Develop ability to reason and make conclusions based on data
- Understand sampling distributions
- Utilize Statistical Test selection (knowing when it is appropriate to use each test)
- Understand basic statistical inference (estimation, testing of means and proportions, ANOVA)
About this course:This introductory course for pre-health professionals covers the presentation and interpretation of data, descriptive statistics, introduction to correlation and regression, and introduction to basic statistical inference (estimation, testing of means and proportions, ANOVA) using both bootstrap methods and parametric models. Transferable for UC credit.
MATH 903 Intermediate Algebra for College Students or three years of high school mathematics.