Introduction to Statistical Methods for Life and Health Sciences
This introductory course for pre-health and pre-medical students covers the presentation and interpretation of data, descriptive statistics, and introduction to correlation, regression, and basic statistical inference.
What you can learn.
- Gain an appreciation for the study of statistics and understand the role it plays in life and health sciences
- Explore statistical methods used in data analysis
- Develop ability to reason and make conclusions based on data
- Understand sampling distributions
- Utilize Statistical Test selection (knowing when it is appropriate to use each test)
- Understand basic statistical inference (estimation, testing of means and proportions, ANOVA)