Introduction to Statistical Reasoning
STATS XL 10
This introductory course covers statistical understanding including strengths and limitations of basic experimental designs, graphical and numerical summaries of data, inference, and regression as descriptive tool.
What you can learn.
- Gain an appreciation for the subject of statistics and understand the role it plays in science
- Explore statistical methods used in data analysis
- Develop ability to reason and make conclusions based on data
- Perform a Hypothesis Test (HT) based on data
- Perform a simple linear regression analysis
- Use mathematical principles of probability and symbolic representations to interpret discrete and continuous random variable
About this course:This course provides an introduction to statistical thinking and understanding, including strengths and limitations of basic experimental designs, graphical and numerical summaries of data, inference, and regression as a descriptive tool. Not open for credit to students with credit for Economics 40. Fulfills in part the UCLA General Education requirement for Life or Physical Sciences. Transferable for UC credit.
MATH 903 Intermediate Algebra for College Students or three years of high school mathematics.