Biochemistry: DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis
This course is a continuation of the biochemistry series and is geared towards pre-medical and pre-health students. It covers metabolism, DNA and RNA properties, transcription, and protein synthesis and processing.
What you can learn.
- Understand classical topics of nucleotide metabolism and nucleic acid structure
- Understand DNA replication and repair, transcription, and translation
- Comprehend protein synthesis and processing
- Understand modern topics of epigenetics and transcriptional and translational regulation
- Recognize non-coding RNAs
About this course:This course covers nucleotide metabolism, DNA replication and repair, transcription machinery, regulation of transcription, RNA structure and processing, and protein synthesis and processing. Transferable for UC credit.
LIFESCI XL 7A Cell and Molecular Biology
LIFESCI XL 7B Genetics, Evolution, and Ecology
LIFESCI XL 7C Physiology and Human Biology
LIFESCI XL 23L Introduction to Laboratory and Scientific Methodology
CHEM XL 153A Biochemistry: Introduction to Structure, Enzymes, and Metabolism