Biochemistry: DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis
This course is a continuation of the biochemistry series and is geared towards pre-medical and pre-health students. It covers metabolism, DNA and RNA properties, transcription, and protein synthesis and processing.
What you can learn.
- Understand classical topics of nucleotide metabolism and nucleic acid structure
- Understand DNA replication and repair, transcription, and translation
- Comprehend protein synthesis and processing
- Understand modern topics of epigenetics and transcriptional and translational regulation
- Recognize non-coding RNAs
About this course:This course covers nucleotide metabolism, DNA replication and repair, transcription machinery, regulation of transcription, RNA structure and processing, and protein synthesis and processing. Transferable for UC credit.
Winter 2021 Schedule
These courses have regular meeting times and are fully online, via remote instruction. Click “See Details” below for more information.
Visitors not permitted. Enrollment deadline: January 12, 2021. Internet access required. Materials required.