Building, maintaining, and managing a company's brand is a critical function of marketing. Learn the tools you need to successfully build and manage a brand.
What you can learn.
- Overview the history and development of branding
- Practice brand development and brand research through hands-on projects
- Learn to create brand management structures for sales, marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes
- Differentiate between brand equity and brand identity, and examine how to extend existing brands
- Review case studies of how brands are won and lost
About this course:Explore, learn, and understand the complexities in the development, sustainability, and leverage of a brand. In this comprehensive course, participants learn how brand identity must be nurtured and managed to positively affect a company's performance and future, as well as understand the power and importance of a brand from its creation through execution. This course presents students with an overview of brand development; brand research; and brand management structures for sales, marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes. In addition, students explore how companies develop financial wealth by extending existing brands and controlling and/or influencing brand pricing and distribution. Additional topics include an overview of brand history, understanding the differences between brand equity and brand identity, and consideration of how brands are won and lost.
Fall 2020 Schedule
These courses are fully online and have no regular meeting times.
Internet access required. Materials required.
These courses have regular meeting times and are fully online, via remote instruction. Click “See Details” below for more information.