This program is perfect for...
- Individuals looking for ABA-approved, nationally recognized training as a paralegal
- Post-baccalaureate students looking for an introduction to the legal profession and core substantive areas of law
- Those looking to expand their employment prospects in an existing legal career
- Working paralegals who wish to expand and update their knowledge of legal and procedural issues
What you can learn.
- An overview of the paralegal profession as well as the responsibilities and opportunities for paralegals in various practice areas
- Governing principles of law in the areas of contracts, torts, criminal law, real property, business organizations, and securities law
- Stages of civil procedure, from pleadings and discovery through preparing for and presenting evidence at trial
- How to conduct legal research, analysis, draft legal documents and utilize legal technology
What the Paralegal Certificate has done for our students.
Average professional relationships gained from networking
received a salary increase after starting the certificate
switched careers after completing the certificate program
2 in 3
recommend the certificate program to others
Application is Required Prior to Enrolling
Candidates must apply and be accepted before enrolling in the program.
Winter applications due December 17
Click below to view the required and elective courses, if applicable, for this program.
Estimated Cost Breakdown
All courses in this program are paid for individually, unless otherwise noted. An application form is required to establish candidacy in this program. From the 'Apply Now' button, complete the online application and pay the application fee if applicable.
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
*The Application & Candidacy Fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits.
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.
University of California, Los Angeles Graduate Certificate in Paralegal Studies
- This program is designed to be completed in one year.
- This program will cost $9,250.00 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
- Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with $9,250.00 of debt.
- Program does not meet licensure requirements in the following States: California
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/.