This program is perfect for...
- Individuals without a bachelor's degree wanting to become paralegals
- Prospective paralegals who want training in substantive and procedural law
- Pre-law students looking for early exposure to core areas of law taught in the first year of law school
- Individuals looking for ABA-approved, nationally recognized training as a paralegal
What you can learn.
- An overview of the paralegal profession as well as the responsibilities and opportunities for paralegals in various practice areas
- Governing principles of law in the areas of contracts, torts, criminal law, real property, business organizations, and securities law
- Stages of civil procedure, from pleadings and discovery through preparing for and presenting evidence at trial
- How to conduct legal research, analysis, draft legal documents and utilize legal technology
What our certificates have done for our students.
feel a certificate helped them enhance their careers
1 in 4
received a salary increase after starting a certificate program
switched careers after completing a certificate program
recommend a certificate program to others
Application is Required Prior to Enrolling
Candidates must apply and be accepted before enrolling in the program.
Summer Applications due May 15.
Click below to view the required and elective courses, if applicable, for this program.
Estimated Cost Breakdown
All courses in this program are paid for individually. An application form is required to establish candidacy in this program. From the 'Apply Now' button, complete the online application and pay the application fee if applicable.
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
*The Application & Candidacy Fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits.
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.