Enrollment limited; early enrollment advised. Visitors not permitted.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt II
MECH&AE X 428.90
This course prepares students with advanced Six Sigma Black Belt analytical activities and processes.
Starting at $999.00
As few as 11 weeks
What you can learn.
- Evaluate approaches of data-driven cycles used for improving, optimizing, and stabilizing business processes and designs
- Apply DMAIC (define, measure, analyse, implement, and control) improvement cycle as the core tool to drive Six Sigma projects
- Calculate the significance of Six Sigma as the standard deviation that separates the defective from the perfect production units in business processes or on a production line
- Document enterprise-level processes using flowcharts and apply process improvement recommendations using Lean Six Sigma metrics
- Identify bottlenecks, areas of no control, early warning signs, and how to cut down on unnecessary steps to enhance business profits
About this course:For decades, the Lean and Six Sigma methodologies have been helping organizations meet and exceed customer requirements while becoming more efficient and profitable. Lean and Six Sigma help organizations develop and deliver near-perfect products and services. Lean is a term developed by Toyota that focuses on the relentless pursuit of removing waste from business practices. The term "Sigma" is a statistical term that measures how far a given process deviates from perfection. The central idea behind Six Sigma is that if you can measure how many defects you have in a process, you can systematically determine how to eliminate them, getting as close to "zero defects" as possible. This course demonstrates advanced Lean and Six Sigma tools and techniques. Students learn to document enterprise-level processes, identify the steps necessary to implement a Lean Six Sigma system, as well as learn how to teach and mentor in the workplace.
Fall 2021 Schedule
Date & Time
This section has no set meeting times.
Instructor: David Arvonio
No refunds after October 04, 2021
Book: The Certified Six Sigma Black Belt Handbook by T.M. Kubiak and Donald W. Benbow
©2016 ASQ Quality Press
Book: Statistics for Six Sigma Made Easy! by Warren Brussee
©2012 McGraw-Hill Education
Internet access required to retrieve course materials.