This program is perfect for...
- Professionals looking to improve processes, patient outcomes, organizational efficiency and effectiveness
- Managers and executives who want to understand and implement Lean Six Sigma methodologies to drive project success
- Project managers interested in incorporating Lean Six Sigma methodologies to deliver value to customers and stakeholders
- Individuals pursuing careers in project management, operations management or quality management
What you can learn.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma principles and practices to manage projects effectively and efficiently
- Lead and facilitate cross-functional teams in process improvement initiatives; foster collaboration; ensure stakeholder engagement
- Use tools and techniques to identify and eliminate inefficiencies, reduce defects and improve process performance
- Use Lean Six Sigma metrics and reporting to track and improve project progress
- Develop and implement Lean Six Sigma projects using the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) methodology
Enhance your project management skills.
This nine-course certificate provides a solid foundation in project management with a focus on Lean Six Sigma—methodologies based on the values of the Lean management model from Toyota and Six Sigma process improvement strategies from Motorola—to drive success.
Students will gain practical skills such as process mapping, root cause analysis and statistical process control to identify and eliminate inefficiencies, reduce defects and enhance performance. Additionally, participants will lead and facilitate cross-functional teams; foster collaboration and innovation; ensure effective communication and enable stakeholder engagement.
The curriculum was designed for professionals in operations, manufacturing and supply chain management seeking to implement Lean Six Sigma for improved processes and outcomes. Courses are taught by industry experts and have been endorsed by both the UCLA Anderson School of Management and UCLA Samueli School of Engineering.
This certificate is approved for international students (F-1 student visa).
Students participating in courses offered solely by UCLA Extension must meet the English Language Requirements outlined below. Any international student interested in taking classes on UCLA’s main campus must adhere to the English Requirements outlined for UCLA courses.
Acceptable tests and minimum scores
Scores that are equal to or higher than the listed minimum scores from the following tests, taken within the past two years, can satisfy the English proficiency requirement.
- TOEFL: 80 (iBT)
- IELTS: 6.5
- iTEP: 4.5
- CAE: B (CEFR C1)
- CPE: C (CEFR C2)
- TOEIC: 685
- DUOLINGO (DET): 105
While no other type of test score is accepted in general, students who are affected by test center closures may request an exception to submit an alternate test score.
International Baccalaureates (IB) students or students currently enrolled in an academic institution where the primary language of instruction is English may submit an official academic transcript or verification of enrollment from their school as proof of English proficiency.
Click below to view the required and elective courses, if applicable, for this program.
How to Get Started
Courses in this program are open enrollment, and each class is paid for individually. You may take courses without committing to the program; however, establishing candidacy provides many benefits exclusive to our certificate students.
We recommend starting with the first course, MGMT X 444.1 Fundamentals of Project Management, and taking subsequent courses in the order listed above, if possible.
How to Apply
- Click the Apply Now button below.
- Login or create a new student account.
- Once you are logged into the student portal, you can select “My Applications” from the left side menu at any time to return to your application. Click the yellow “Start” button to proceed.
- On the Certificate Application page, follow the instructions and click save. Then submit your application.
- Proceed to checkout and pay the nonrefundable candidacy fee to finalize your application.
Benefits exclusive to UCLA Extension certificate students:
- Free access to Handshake, UCLA Career Center’s online job board, with access to thousands of job and internship postings.
- Become a member of the UCLA Alumni Association (upon completing your certificate) and a nationwide network of Bruin family. Plus gain access to the networking platform UCLAOne.
- Join us for the annual UCLA Extension Graduation Ceremony on campus to celebrate all your hard work.
- Get access to UCLA Recreation facilities as a student affiliate.*
- Open an affiliate/Guest UCLA Bruin ID Card* for a number of student-related benefits.
- Access to UCLA Extension’s Career Resources including career advising, workshops and networking events.
Exam Preparation Course
Prepare for the popular PMP® examination with a concentrated and structured review of the key project domains and required knowledge to pass the exam. This course does not apply to toward the certificate.
Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam Preparation
Typically Offered: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
Estimated Cost Breakdown
All courses in this program are paid for individually, unless otherwise noted. An application form is required to establish candidacy in this program. From the 'Apply Now' button, complete the online application and pay the application fee if applicable.
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
*The Application & Candidacy Fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits.
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.