An internship in finance is an opportunity to gain practical experience with leading firms and companies covering a variety of finance and investment-related job functions for a minimum of 120 hours.
This program is perfect for...
- Financial professional looking to advance to roles such as financial analyst, budget analyst, treasurer, controller, or financial examiner
- Entrepreneurs, small business pros, and accountants for startups
- Finance or business school graduates wanting to expand their capabilities
- Those considering the CFA®, CMA®, and FPAC (formerly FP&A) Certifications
What you can learn.
- Master the methods of business valuation: intrinsic and relative
- Learn how to prepare, evaluate, and execute business mergers & acquisitions
- Produce competitive analyses, growth projections, financial forecasting, discount rates, and capital asset pricing
- Discover effective strategy development methods and operational problem-solving
- Gain insights into capital budgeting and operational budgeting processes and practices
Level Up in Corporate Finance and Financial Strategies
The latest skills in corporate budgeting, business valuation, and finance are taught with rigor in this advanced certificate program. Students will develop abilities to create strategic decisions based on a high-level understanding of financial statements, and will be able to determine where companies stand financially in comparison to competitors.
With UCLA Extension, you’ll learn from experts in the field of finance how to navigate a highly competitive industry. Our courses are regularly attended by experienced professionals in the field, offering valuable networking opportunities as a bonus to the new skills you’ll acquire.
Whether you’re an aspiring financial analyst or already in the field, expect to learn real-world skills in business planning to help advance your career. You’ll come away equipped with knowing how to apply those analyses in order to make strategic business decisions – a perfect opportunity for those with backgrounds in finance, accounting, economics, or business. Our graduates often move up to roles in corporate budgeting, financial planning, and forecasting.
Format: This certificate can be completed 100% online or in-person.
Duration: Complete the program in as little as 6 months. Typical pace is one year. Start any quarter.
Click below to view the required and elective courses, if applicable, for this program.
Estimated Cost Breakdown
All courses in this program are paid for individually, unless otherwise noted. An application form is required to establish candidacy in this program. From the 'Apply Now' button, complete the online application and pay the application fee if applicable.
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
*The Application & Candidacy Fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits.
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.