This program is perfect for:
- Anyone who is interested in learning more about photography
- Those considering making photography part of their creative practice
- Individuals who have recently purchased a digital SLR, or who have been shooting independently without formal instruction or guidance
- Anyone who wants to take their photography to the next level
What you can learn.
- Technology and the core principles of effective photography, including digital image capture, editing, composition, and lighting
- The technical and aesthetic backgrounds and processes that make a strong photographer
- Aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, focus, ISO, file management, basic lighting skills (including contrast, direction, color, white balance, histogram), composition, and digital imaging (including an introduction to Adobe Lightroom)
- The paradigm shifts in technology, workflow, social relevance, usage, and art. It is a goal of this program to address these shifts and be a resource to those whom use the camera in the diverse and complex ways that change the very nature of photography
Estimated Cost Breakdown
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
Estimated Total Cost
*The Application & Candidacy fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits. See our website or speak to a program representative for more information about candidacy and program benefits.
Visa Requirement Applicable
VA Benefit Eligible
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.