ART X 440.22
Gain an understanding of how to use natural and artificial lighting to enhance your subject.
Starting at $654.00
As few as 11 weeks
What you can learn.
- Photograph a variety of subjects to learn common lighting issues and powerful solutions
- Learn the use of light meters, reflectors, fill flash, soft boxes, and the safe operation of studio strobe equipment
- Explore the tools to expand not only your lighting abilities, but also insight into establishing your personal style
- Gain experience in a working photography studio
- Gain confidence achieving your personal vision with light
About this course:Whether you're shooting people, products, still life, or landscapes, understanding how light interacts with your subject matter is critical to mastering the art of photography. This course covers both artificial (strobes and hot lights) and natural lighting, as well as the combination of both. Students photograph a variety of subjects to learn common lighting issues and powerful solutions needed to capture that great image. Instruction covers the use of light meters, reflectors, fill flash, soft boxes, and the safe operation of studio strobe equipment.
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for Lighting I.
ART X 438.9 Photography I.