This program is perfect for:
- Designers, engineers, information architects, writers, sociologists and entrepreneurs who want to learn to develop compelling user experiences
- Individuals who want to be able to create successful, innovative web, print and packaging design solutions
- Those interested in a multidisciplinary design thinking approach, used to strengthen familiar, often undervalued, skills
- Students with no previous UX background who want to start a career in UX, or incorporate UX principles and practices into their current career
What you can learn.
- Information architecture principles, responsive design, mobile device-centric design; usability testing, analytics, and analysis
- System and user interface design and the total spectrum of interface design standards, including e-commerce websites, service design, and physically based environments
- Standard user experience design tools for design and interactive prototyping, including Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Principle, Axure, and more
- Conduct user research, develop user personas and scenarios and satisfy the needs of multiple other project constituents, including clients and colleagues
Expect more from your education.
Visual Arts Distinguished Instructor Series
Join us over lunch for a series of live talks and presentations given by distinguished instructors in Graphic Design, UX, Photography, VR, and more.
July 14 - August 18, 2020
Tuesdays, 12 - 1 PM PT
I chose UCLA Extension because of the great reputation the program has and the caliber of graduates they produce. I was also impressed to know that each and every instructor [is] a working designer with great accomplishments. To me, that was important. I wanted to be learn from people who knew what they were talking about and cared about what they were teaching.
What our certificates have done for our students.
feel a certificate helped them enhance their careers
1 in 4
received a salary increase after starting a certificate program
switched careers after completing a certificate program
recommend a certificate program to others
Click below to view the required and elective courses, if applicable, for this program.
Estimated Cost Breakdown
All courses in this program are paid for individually, unless otherwise noted. An application form is required to establish candidacy in this program. From the 'Apply Now' button, complete the online application and pay the application fee if applicable.
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
*The Application & Candidacy Fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits.
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.