This program is perfect for...
- Individuals who wish to teach English abroad
- Individuals who want a career teaching English in their home countries
- Individuals interested in teaching English to adult learners in the U.S.
- TESOL teachers who want to update their methods and online strategies of teaching English.
What you can learn.
- Expore techniques for teaching listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills to English-as-second-language speakers
- Learn formulation of lesson plans, writing objectives, teaching strategies, selection of classroom materials, and assessment design for English learners at all levels
- Discover concepts of linguistics and knowledge of how linguistics’ principles impact learners of English as a second language
- Acquire the use of instructional technology when teaching English as a second language
What our certificates have done for our students.
feel a certificate helped them enhance their careers
1 out of 4
received a salary increase after starting a certificate program
switched careers after completing a certificate program
recommend a certificate program to others
Click below to view the required and elective courses, if applicable, for this program.
Estimated Cost Breakdown
All courses in this program are paid for individually. An application form is required to establish candidacy in this program. From the 'Apply Now' button, complete the online application and pay the application fee if applicable.
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
*The Application & Candidacy Fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits.
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.