Human Resources Development
Designed for more experienced HR professionals, this course examines the training and development function of human resources to help improve the effectiveness of staff and positively impact the organization.
What you can learn.
- Review strategies to assess, design, and implement training and development programs
- Learn about organizational development efforts to improve individual and/or group performance
- Overview change interventions and change management strategies
- Learn to develop succession plans and implement performance management systems
- Identify and evaluate the latest trends in HRD, such as human performance technology
About this course:This course examines the primary role of human resources development (HRD) in the organization to help people and organizations effectively manage change. This highly interactive course focuses on strategies for assessing, designing, and implementing training and organizational development efforts that positively impact the performance of the individual and the work group. The course also provides an overview of change interventions, including training and staff development; succession planning and performance management; factors that influence HRD; the consulting role and skills of the HRD professional, including facilitation and group dynamics; and the trends in HRD, such as human performance technology.
Summer 2020 Schedule
These courses are fully online and have no regular meeting times.
Enrollment limited; early enrollment advised. Internet access required. Materials required.