Architecting Cloud Solutions Using AWS
This course provides a hands-on introduction to the architecture, deployment, and management of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
What you can learn.
- Design and deploy scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
- Perform lift and shift of an existing on-premises application to AWS
- Manage ingress and egress of data to and from AWS
- Select the appropriate AWS services based on data, computer, database, or security requirements
- Identify appropriate use of AWS architectural best practices
- Estimate AWS costs and identify cost control mechanisms
About this course:This course provides a hands-on introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS), architecture, deployment, and management. AWS has revolutionized IT infrastructure and is the dominant cloud services provider with more than six billion dollars in revenues. AWS replaces on-premises infrastructure with scalable low cost services. There is a high demand for professionals with experience architecting AWS services. In this course, students architect AWS services for computer storage, applications, database, networking, security, identity management, and content delivery. Progressive lab exercises and projects deploying actual AWS services prepare students for real-world application. The Amazon-developed curriculum can prepare students for the AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate certification exam.
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for Architecting Cloud Solutions Using AWS.
Conceptual knowledge of computing infrastructure, including operating systems, applications, databases, networks, and security.
Winter 2020 Schedule
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
Enrollment limited. Enrollment deadline: January 12, 2020. Internet access required. Materials required.
Enrollment limited. Enrollment deadline: January 14, 2020. Internet access required. Materials required.