Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
Learn both versions of the LEED Rating System, currently the centerpiece of the most innovative, effective aspects of green design.
What you can learn.
- Explore the specific elements of green design
- Define and characterize the LEED® Rating System
- Provide functional examples of green buildings
- Prepare students to assist in green building certification
- Familiarize yourself with the new California Green Building Code
- Lay the groundwork for students to become LEED® Accredited Professionals or LEED® Green Associates
About this course:Green buildings embody a design intent on balancing environmental responsiveness and responsibility, resource efficiency, and cultural and community sensitivity. The course primarily focuses on the LEED Rating System, currently the centerpiece of the most innovative, effective aspects of green design. The course covers both versions of the rating system administered by USGBC, LEED 2009, and LEED v4. Topics range from sustainable principles, current sustainable design, and building practices to specific elements of the LEED rating system. This course benefits individuals who are very hands-on in their role in the design and construction of a green building, as well as anyone with an interest in understanding the basic nuances of green building.
Spring 2020 Schedule
These courses meet regularly and are fully online. Click “See Details” below for more information.
Internet access required. Materials Required.