Applied Managerial Finance
This course offers an introduction to the fundamentals of corporate finance, with an emphasis on the methods and sources of financing for corporations.
What you can learn.
- Learn the tools and techniques to make better business financial decisions
- Understand the role of the financial manager as a key decision maker within the corporation
- Explore a unified valuation approach for using net present value (NPV) as the basic concept underlying corporate finance
- Understand financial accounting fundamentals, basic financial analysis, cost of capital, and short- and long-term financial planning
- Study the valuation of future cash flows, capital budgeting techniques, and risk and return fundamentals
About this course:This course offers an introduction to some of the more important topics in Managerial Finance, with an emphasis on the methods and sources of financing for corporations. Topics include corporate financial analysis, financial planning procedures, present value and security valuation, capital budgeting, capital structure, and approaches to raising capital. The course also covers securities markets, factors, and models explaining security returns, as well as the concept of market efficiency. Financial calculator is required. Transferable for UC credit.
Winter 2021 Schedule
These courses are fully online and have no regular meeting times.
Enrollment limited. Materials required.
These courses have regular meeting times and are fully online, via remote instruction. Click “See Details” below for more information.
Visitors not permitted. Internet access required. Materials required.