Medical Terminology I
MED X 410.1
This course is a comprehensive introduction to terminology used in the medical field. Emphasis is placed on defining medical terms and abbreviations, understanding basic human anatomy, and documenting medical terms.
What you can learn.
- Acquire a broad understanding of medical language
- Establish a foundation in anatomy and physiology, abnormal condition, diagnostic, and surgical procedures
- Identify and define word parts (roots, prefixes, and suffixes) and intermix word parts to create and define new material terms
- Amplify one’s understanding in reference to patient symptoms, medical diagnosis, and accurate documentation
- Understand how to effectively communicate with patients and providers