Cosmetic Sciences: Skin Care Ingredients, Skin Conditions and Regulatory Issues for Cosmetic Professionals
READ MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course offers an overview of skincare and skincare products for cosmetic professionals and beauty entrepreneurs, regardless of scientific background.
What you will learn.
- Understand current and future advances in skincare ingredient technologies
- Understand basics of skincare formulation development
- Learn essential compliance requirements regarding product labels, marketing and product performance claims
- Identify causes, physiology, and biochemical processes of common skin conditions
- Comprehend cosmetic and drug ingredient technologies currently found in cosmetics and OTC drugs
- Understand regulatory issues, product claims, and substantiation methodologies
About this course:
This course offers a foundation from which all skincare professionals and beauty entrepreneurs – regardless of scientific background – can understand current and future advances in skincare ingredient technologies, basics of skincare formulation development and essential compliance requirements regarding product labels, marketing and product performance claims. This course also provides an overview of the causes, physiology, and biochemical processes of common skin conditions that bestselling cosmetic formulations are developed to address. Cosmetic and drug ingredient technologies currently found in cosmetics and OTC drugs, as well as the latest technologies to emerge from research labs around the world, will be discussed within the framework of each skin condition. Students will develop deeper understanding of cosmetic ingredient lists and main constituents of skin care formulations. Regulatory issues, product claims, substantiation methodologies, as well as the most pervasive myths in cosmetics will be discussed. The class will address some of the most popular ingredient trends and discoveries in skin biology affecting skincare development today.