- Courses available: Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters
- Enrollment is on a space-available basis, and UCLA matriculated students have priority
- Permission to enroll requires consent of course instructor and/or department representative
- Course length: 11 weeks per quarter
- A full-time course load is considered three 4-unit courses for a total of 12 units
- Hours of instruction are mainly daytime from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Study abroad students are eligible to enroll in UCLA’s College of Letters and Sciences undergraduate classes from the departments of humanities, life sciences, physical science, and social sciences
- During the summer quarter, in order to enroll in UCLA courses, you must apply for UCLA Summer Sessions. Students often stay for more than 1 quarter, and it is easy to transfer between Study Abroad at UCLA and UCLA Summer Sessions
UCLA Extension Courses
- Courses available: Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer quarters
- Enrollment is open to all until a course section is full
- Course length varies from three weeks to 11 weeks per quarter, depending on the course
- A full-time course load is considered to be at least three 4-unit courses for 12 units
- Hours of instruction are mainly evenings from 6:30 to 10 p.m. Some courses are offered on weekends and during the weekday.