Agile Frameworks including XP and Lean SD
Build and refine your knowledge of core Agile methodologies including XP and Lean SD. Develop skills for improving projects and processes you can apply immediately within your organization.
What you can learn.
- Distinguish between the traditional project management and agile methods including Extreme Programming (XP), Lean Software Development (Lean SD), among others
- Apply both traditional and agile practices on the job
- Demonstrate agile practical knowledge by exemplifying its principles and values
- Use tools and techniques for improving not only your own performance, but also of your teams
- Apply agile practices for producing high-quality products, solutions, and services within the highly growing agile demands of organizations
About this course:Experienced Agile professionals are in high demand across all industries. This course provides comprehensive instruction in the nine popular Agile methodologies for students to stay relevant and sought after. They will learn to compare traditional project management methodologies with benefits from agile approaches using agile frameworks such as: Extreme Programming (XP), Lean Software Development (Lean SD), Feature-driven Development (FDD), Scrumban, Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD), Dynamic System Development Method (DSDM), Crystal, Large-scaled Scrum (LeSS) and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). This course will concentrate on enabling fast iterative delivery, teamwork, collaboration and continuous improvement in software, product development and high-tech projects. Students will work in teams to apply Agile methodologies through class exercises. This course will meet the education training hours and will help you gain knowledge towards the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® certification. It also provides foundational knowledge for the Certified Scrum Professional – ScrumMaster (CSP-SM)® and Professional Scrum Master (PSM)® certifications.
Spring 2020 Schedule
These courses are fully online and have no regular meeting times.
- This course is an elective for Project Management Certificate.