Health Education for Teachers
EDUC X 312.8A
Learn and apply multiple facets of health to the work of classroom teaching.
What you can learn.
- How to apply the content areas of the California Health Framework in the classroom
- The impact of legal mandates affecting health education in schools
- Including health promotion throughout your curriculum
- Strategies to address drug and alcohol abuse, physical fitness and childhood obesity
- Concrete ways to support student stress and violence prevention
About this course:Taking a holistic view of health that includes physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being, this course encourages educators in all subject areas to become active agents of health promotion.
Speak to a program representative. Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm.
This course applies towards the following certificates & specializations…
Learn how we can help your organization meet its professional development goals and corporate training needs.
Donate to UCLA Extension
Support our many efforts to reach communities in need.