Plant Taxonomy and Identification
This course introduces students to the tools needed for navigating and identifying the diverse kingdom of plants.
What you can learn.
- Scientific classification and naming
- The difference between major plant groups
- Plant terminology for describing plants
- Characteristics of common flowering plants
- Use of plant identification keys
About this course:This course introduces students to the tools needed for navigating and identifying the diverse kingdom of plants. Topics include: Scientific classification and naming, differences between major plant groups, terminology for describing plant anatomy, characteristics of common flowering plant families, and use of identification tools such as keys.
Winter 2020 Schedule
Hybrid courses utilize a combination of in-person classroom meetings and online meetings.
Internet access required. Materials required.