Landscape Design 3: Advanced Site Design
Applying site inventory and analysis with a site program, students create their design process and concept development using real sites in interesting urban and semi-urban environments. Use of computer modeling programs is highly encouraged.
What you can learn.
- Apply formal organizational techniques covered in Design 1 and 2
- Develop design processes using diagrams through drawings, photographs, and models
- Review and critique of existing conditions leading to site specific responses
- Develop an understanding of how program statements can build in complexity
- Using context analysis, program analysis, and each individual's intuition, show how the development of a basic idea, organizing principals and diagrams guides your project
- Explore the vertical dimension by encouraging designing in section and using three dimensional drawings