Landscape Design 5: Planting Design
Ecological and cultural contexts are examined as determinants for using plants in design.
What you can learn.
- Reinforce understanding of the essential role of plants in providing environmental services as well human comfort
- Increase the depth of biophilia fundamental to an effective landscape
- Understand and manage the conflicts between land stewardship, appearance, cost, maintainability, and the public’s health, safety, and welfare
- Effectively explain design concepts through written narrative, graphics, and oral presentation
- Create a high-quality planting design presentation for your portfolio
About this course:In this course, plants and plant groups are studied as basic design elements in the landscape. Instruction emphasizes the arrangement of plant materials for defining, sequencing, and articulating space. Ecological and cultural contexts are examined as determinants for sharply focused design concepts.
Spring 2020 Schedule
These courses meet regularly and are fully online. Click “See Details” below for more information.
Materials Required. Internet access required.