Landscape Design 5: Planting Design
Ecological and cultural contexts are examined as determinants for using plants in design.
What you can learn.
- Reinforce understanding of the essential role of plants in providing environmental services as well human comfort
- Increase the depth of biophilia fundamental to an effective landscape
- Understand and manage the conflicts between land stewardship, appearance, cost, maintainability, and the public’s health, safety, and welfare
- Effectively explain design concepts through written narrative, graphics, and oral presentation
- Create a high-quality planting design presentation for your portfolio