General and Organic Chemistry Laboratory I
CHEM XL 14BL
This chemistry laboratory course accompanies Chemistry 14B and provides the general chemistry lab component necessary for pre-medical and pre-health students. This is the first lab course for the chemistry series.
What you can learn.
- Understand how to make solutions
- Determine the pH of different solutions and perform pH titrations
- Understand the kinetics of a reaction
- Understand how measurements can result in errors
- Complete the synthesis of a drug
- Understand how to operate a spectrophotometer
About this course:This laboratory class provides an introduction to volumetric, spectrophotometric, and potentiometric analysis. Instruction also covers the use and preparation of buffers and pH meters and synthesis and kinetics techniques using compounds of interest to students in life sciences. Transferable for UC credit.
CHEM 14A with grade of C- or better; co- or prerequisite CHEM 14B.