This program is perfect for...
- Credential teachers seeking to expand their professional knowledge base
- Credentialed teachers working with a K-12 population with limited English proficiency
- Credentialed teachers seeking a Cross-Cultural Language and Academic Development (CLAD) certification approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC)
- Individuals who need the flexibility offered by a fully online format
What you can learn.
- Learn language systems, structures, forms, functions, and variations of both aural and written language forms
- Acquire materials and methods for understanding and analyzing socio-cultural and political factors that affect second-language development
- Become familiar with cultural concepts and perspectives, including cultural diversity, cross-cultural interaction, the roles of culture in the classroom and the school, culturally inclusive learning environments, and family and community involvement
- Discover the roles, purposes, and types of formal and informal assessment that inform teachers in planning effective, differentiated instruction
Click below to view the required and elective courses, if applicable, for this program.
Estimated Cost Breakdown
All courses in this program are paid for individually. An application form is required to establish candidacy in this program. From the 'Apply Now' button, complete the online application and pay the application fee if applicable.
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
*The Application & Candidacy Fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits.
Visa Requirement Applicable
VA Benefit Eligible
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.