Design Graphics 1: Drafting and Drawing of the Built Environment
ARCH X 472.4D
Using Tongva Park, students study design, program, and planting. Drawing, observing, and creating a hand-drawn plan are the outcomes.
What you can learn.
- Acquire working knowledge and use of scale, scale conversions, and proportions
- Acquire working ability to use a drafting and drawing process
- Acquire working understanding of 1- and 2-point perspective
- Demonstrate the ability to make detailed observations of the built environment and apply them to graphic communication and decision making
- Acquire the ability to select, draft and draw a section line and elevation from a 2D layout plan and express the 2D information in a drawn 3D vignette – 1- and 2-point perspective